A Chat with Rob Stephenson, CEO at FormScore: Episode Notes
In this episode we are joined by Rob Stephenson, CEO and Founder at FormScore. Rob is not only a phenomenal entrepreneur, but is also a very inspiring human being, set to build a well-being movement backed by technology.
During our conversation we talk about the struggle of dealing with bi-polar disorder, as well Rob’s plans for FormScore. Here are a few takeaways:
- Bi-polar disorder is characterized by extremes of mood. People affected by this condition may jump from depression to mania. While depression may have individuals feel like they are in a lethargic state, manic episodes could lead them to take irrational decisions and take huge risks, among other things.
- Sometimes, Rob sees his own condition as a superpower, as it leads to moments of great creativity inspiration. Unfortunately, these usually come at a cost. Being open about his own situation has helped him a great deal.
- FormScore is first and foremost a movement to help people become more intentional about their mental well-being, and help them facilitate peer support with people they care about.
- To have a blend of different people in your FormScore circle may help generate enough resilience to deal with whatever life throws in your direction.
- FormScore can be very effective for companies to aggregate insights at a team level, and therefore identify mental well-being trends in real time.
Our Guest: Rob Stephenson
Rob Stephenson is an international keynote speaker, campaigner and wellbeing consultant who is on a mission to help create happier, healthier and higher performing workplaces. He experiences bipolar disorder personally. Rob is the founder of InsideOut, a social enterprise with the mission of smashing the stigma of mental ill-health in the workplace by showcasing senior leader role models with lived experiences of mental ill-health. This is done by virtue of a published annual list – The InsideOut LeaderBoard.
As a consultant, Rob works with Boards and senior leadership teams on the design and implementation of an integrated wellbeing strategy.
Rob is the CEO of FormScore, a revolutionary technology start up helping people to monitor their mental health using a score out of ten with a mobile app to help friends, family and colleagues support each other.
Rob is co-founder of the InsideOut Awards and G24, the world’s first global 24-hour mental health summit. In his keynote talks, Rob inspires audiences to think differently about mental health and wellbeing.